In order to become a certified Yoga Instructor through Yoga Bharati, you have to:
- Attend eight hours of instruction per week for twelve weeks (That’s 96 hours)
- Go on a yoga retreat for 2 days and one night (Camping in the woods)
- Teach a class for 30 hours over the course of 4 months
- Write a 25-page report
1. Attending the instruction was so difficult at first. I had to wake up at 6:30am every weekend! But soon, I got to know my classmates and I began to like the lessons. Some parts were pretty interesting.
2. The yoga retreat was by far my favorite part. Though I usually don’t like camping, I’m really glad that I got to have this wonderful experience.
3. Teaching a class was a period of transformation for me. As a student, I see teachers everyday, but only after this, do I really appreciate what they do. Along with understanding all the material, it takes incredible confidence and dedication in order to teach a class.
4. As for the report…
Here’s a link to the report if you want to read it.